Calculate Your Risk Score
Provide your inputs to calculate your own risk score and gauge the breach severity.
What's Your Score?
Your Breach Level Severity
- A breach with no material effect.
- Usually less than one thousand records.
- Breach notification required, but little damage done.
- A breach with low long-term business impact.
- Usually involves the loss of several thousands of records of semi sensitive information.
- Limited breach notification and financial exposure.
- A breach with likely short to midterm exposure to business.
- Legal and/or regulatory impact.
- Usually tens of thousands of records of moderate sensitive information involved.
- Some breach notification and financial loss.
- A breach with significant exposure to business, legal and or regulatory impact.
- Large amount of sensitive information lost (usually hundreds of thousands to millions of records).
- Significant notification process costs involved and public image impact.
- Breach with immense long term impact on breached ogranization, customers and/or partners.
- Very large amount of highly sensitive information lost (usually 10-100+ million records).
- Massive notification process.
- Potentially existential financial loss for breached organization in remediation and related costs.
- Use of lost sensitive information seen.